Pounced.org: The place to meet furry friends.

  Forum Help

All Forums>The fandom>Furry sexual/general stereotypes  
  | Jun 29, 2013 18:05

KnucklePuppy

You know, as a fur, we all have a roll to fulfill. I'm a wolf. I don't really know what I'm supposed to do with myself, but here it goes.
-I'm sickeningly horny sometimes.
-I'm decently hung.
-I was a part of the military.
-I'm fiercely loyal, and love my pack.
If anyone has any more to add, as I think this will help me and many others, please do. I'd like to know of our stigmas.


watercolours
I think you've covered most of the furry stereotypes there, but here are a few key ones you forgot to add;
-A lot of furries are unintelligent
-Lazy and overweight
-Whiny 
-Unreasonable
...Yeah.

Falcon

Could also add:

-You're male
-If you're female, you're a guy who's lying
-You're gay
-Your computer is the most important thing in your house/ life
-You're socially challenged/ inept or overly extroverted/ aren't at all self-conscious
-You own/ want to own a fursuit

Masoch
Maaaan, way to lay down the payback, guys.
I mean, furries can't all be bad, right?
I mean, I've---
I can't do this with a straight face.

Stereotypes exist for a reason.

LoneLycan

>A need to post redundant threads in an attempt to be perceived as witty when in actuality are just as part of the mold as anyone else.

The irony of my post tickles me.

LoneLycan

Also; 

>needing to put personal value behind pack mentality if wolf.
Alsoalso;
LOL SYMBOLIC ATTRIBUTIONS OF WOLVES HAVING ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE MILITARY LOLOLOL.
They're not called 'dogs of the military' for nothing.

Darachi

Falcon said:
Could also add:

-You're male
-If you're female, you're a guy who's lying
-You're gay
-Your computer is the most important thing in your house/ life
-You're socially challenged/ inept or overly extroverted/ aren't at all self-conscious
-You own/ want to own a fursuit

Not all furries are male :/ Dont make being a furry seem to be such a bad thing. Yea, there are overly sexual furries out there that give us a bad name and have no self control. But not all of us are like that...

Darachi

My example of Furries.

-Like to cuddle each other and everyone
-enjoy puppy piles
-Enjoy expressing themselves no matter what the emotion is instead of hiding it.
-Happy, spontanious.
-Like to spend time with each other (friends, pack)
-loyal to eachother
Most of the so called furries are not like this. And if you are going to be extremely horny and be in the fandom calling yourself a furry just to say "Oh Im so sad because Im 20 and single and Ill never find a mate because apparently you only live for about 20 years -.- Grow up and stop whining. And being a furry does not classify you as a sex fiend. Dont act like one. thats not what the fandom is for. Sex retards who like to stick their penis into things or stick something into themselves...Try thinking about why you are in the fandom in the first place and try to differ what you actually are instead of giving everyone else a bad name.

LoneLycan

^^^^

ZzzzZzZzzz

Syndel

Loyal my arse. Maybe loyal to the fandom but to each other? Naaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh


RyTheDobie

Syndel said:
Loyal my arse. Maybe loyal to the fandom but to each other? Naaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I agree somewhat.

Veri

Whee, let's just keep the stereotypes going while the rest of the fandom would rather forget they exist and move past them!  Stereotypes can only be fixed if people move past them.  Geeks/nerds have moved past the old stereotypes by doing other stuff like inventing cool doodads the common folk can't get enough of.  Seriously, stop rehashing this stuff and drop it.  You're just making the cool people want to leave by making the fandom look like shit.

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54DyvS01RMY
Here's what I mean.  And this video is NSFW just in case.


BlandColorz

I'm a failure and only desperate losers acknowledge my existance in the fandom usually and I'll never accomplish anything and everyone hates every part of me. So I fit the stereotypes pretty well. =( And I have no social life and friends. And God doesn't like me.


Syndel

BlandColorz said:
I'm a failure and only desperate losers acknowledge my existance in the fandom usually and I'll never accomplish anything and everyone hates every part of me. So I fit the stereotypes pretty well. =( And I have no social life and friends. And God doesn't like me.

I HAVE JUST MET YOU AND I LOVE YOU

BlandColorz

Syndel said:
I HAVE JUST MET YOU AND I LOVE YOU
That's actually another bad furry stereotype- ready to become online "mates" with whoever. I swear I've talked to guys who after an hour of talking were all "

*murrs* i luv you will you be my mate??? :3"

. I kinda feel bad for them, because their desperation is probably due to
a) Loneliness IRL and not having friends for things that may be beyond their control, and
b) No good LGBT outlets to meet people
Though it could just be hormones, in which case, they need to learn to control their sexual urges.

That said, I don't expect people to instantly love me, but I get a lot of hate and always feel rejected and it's annoying.

Also, how've you been? Haven't talk to you in a while.


Falcon

Darachi said:
Falcon said:
Could also add:

-You're male
-If you're female, you're a guy who's lying
-You're gay
-Your computer is the most important thing in your house/ life
-You're socially challenged/ inept or overly extroverted/ aren't at all self-conscious
-You own/ want to own a fursuit

Not all furries are male :/ Dont make being a furry seem to be such a bad thing. Yea, there are overly sexual furries out there that give us a bad name and have no self control. But not all of us are like that...


Keep in mind, the thread isn't facts about furries but stereotypes about furries. ;>

Nanook23

Darachi said:
My example of Furries.

-Like to cuddle each other and everyone
-enjoy puppy piles
-Enjoy expressing themselves no matter what the emotion is instead of hiding it.
-Happy, spontanious.
-Like to spend time with each other (friends, pack)
-loyal to eachother
Most of the so called furries are not like this. And if you are going to be extremely horny and be in the fandom calling yourself a furry just to say "Oh Im so sad because Im 20 and single and Ill never find a mate because apparently you only live for about 20 years -.- Grow up and stop whining. And being a furry does not classify you as a sex fiend. Dont act like one. thats not what the fandom is for. Sex retards who like to stick their penis into things or stick something into themselves...Try thinking about why you are in the fandom in the first place and try to differ what you actually are instead of giving everyone else a bad name.
This has to be the most intelligent response i've seen on the topic. You have inspired me Darachi, to be a better fur and a person to myself and others. More importantly restored my faith (not a religious guy but hey thats me) in the furry community as well. I thank you and hope to see more inspiration from you and the fandom
Post       FirstPrevLast



cached